What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 17:40:41 EDT 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every:
>> What's ***TOTALLY COMPELLING*** about Ruby over Python?
>
> Nothing.
>
> I think several people have been very explicit in saying
> that Ruby has some advantages over Python, and vice versa,
> that in most cases it's a wash, but that there's nothing 'TOTALLY
> COMPELLING" about Ruby.

That's the answer I was expecting to hear.

> You need to acquire critical reading skills.

No I do not.  I was seeking clear verification, and I got what I was looking
for.  I suggest that you need to acquire imagination skills.  You can't seem
to wrap your head around legitimate reasons for asking a question.

> And this sort of post is making your troll mark almost indelible.

I'm tired of knee-jerkers like you.  Welcome to my killfile!

20% of the world is real.