learning to program

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 27 15:47:34 EDT 2003

Rich wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:07:31 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Rich wrote:
> >>
> >> This is the only post I am able to see, sorry about re posting.  I
> >> thought if I changed the subject heading I might be able to see the
> >> post.
> >
> >You should be able to see the replies that you missed via Google Groups,
> >as soon as they are indexed and on the web:
> How long does it usually take to post on Google?

In my experience, usually quite a few hours (maybe four or more?).  Right
now I can see posts there which I read only a short time before seeing
yours, so that estimate feels about right.

(By the way, it would be helpful if, when you quote material in a post
to which you're replying, if you used whitespace to separate your
own text from the quoted material.  I almost didn't see your message
at all, thinking you'd accidentally posted an empty reply.  Thanks. :-	c		)

-Peter