Is Python your only programming language?

Joe Cheng code at joecheng.com
Tue Aug 12 01:44:45 EDT 2003

I'm curious about something... many Artima.com members who have a Java
background and learned Python have come to the conclusion that Java and
Python are highly complimentary languages.  They would never consider
filling the place Java has in their toolbox with Python, but recognize there
are many tasks where it really pays to add Python to the mix.

I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use Python for
everything?  (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python)  Or do
you keep another language equally close at hand, and if so, what is it?  And
finally, do you foresee a day when Python can be, for all practical intents
and purposes, your only programming language?