Win32 documentation in CHM?

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Sat Aug 30 20:13:24 EDT 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> You cannot have used a properly constructed .chm file and seriously question
> whether it's more searchable.  Of course it is, including seemingly
> instantaneous Boolean, proximity, wildcard, and similarity searches, across
> the entire doc set with one query.  I don't know of any way to search thru
> more than a thousand .html files that's even arguably comparable; e.g., grep
> is a slow & painful joke in comparison.

Yeah, you're right, I recently switched from Win to Linux (cause I have to use
Linux for job stuff) and the only thing that I really miss is something like
chm compiled documentation. Now i have to use odd things like xCHM or the
nicely-formatted arCHMage :((

Mmm if I don't find something more useful i try to code a serious reader
by my self :)

--
Lawrence "Rhymes" Oluyede
http://loluyede.blogspot.com