Script to remove SoBig/F virus from POP3 mailbox

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 22 16:47:39 EDT 2003

    Alex> Under the gun, I've written a Python script to delete emails
    Alex> containing this latest virus/worm (Sobig-F) from a POP3 mailbox.

I wrote something similar today for scrubbing Mailman 2.1 pending
administrative requests.  I've killed over a thousand messages for the
python-help mailing list so far.  It's crude, but saves a huge amount of
pointing and clicking.  If you'd like a copy, drop me a note.  If enough
people are interested and it seems like there's no other easy way to
accomplish this with the usual Mailman means, I'll place a copy on my
website.

Skip