A cgi buffering problem?

Andrew Clover and-google at doxdesk.com
Tue Aug 12 12:26:18 CEST 2003

Heikki Salo <heikki_salo at nobulkmailplease.sci.fi> wrote:

> Some of the text that was supposed to go into the textbox appears
> at the end of the page.

Without being able to access it, it's difficult to say, so I'm not sure
if this applies to your problem, but: a common reason for text not
appearing in a textbox is that it has not been escaped. eg. this:

    <em> boing </em>

is invalid and should be:

    <em> boing </em>

If you've got an </html> or </body> inside the textarea it is, I guess,
conceivable that a browser *might* do something different depending on
whether further information has been buffered. Perhaps.

Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com