ANN: Snakelets 1.1 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)

Karl Scalet news at yebu.de
Tue Aug 5 13:44:41 CEST 2003

Irmen de Jong schrieb:
> Karl Scalet wrote:
>
>> is there any support for cgi built into?
>

> No, I especially designed Snakelets away from CGI:
> it is inspired by Java's model of code-based request
> handlers or HTML-based page templates (with Python
> code embedded). No such thing as CGI scripts.
>
> Perhaps you could be a bit more specific what you
> want to do? If you want to use Ypages (for instance)
> as CGI scripts, please don't...: there are much better
> things out there (Spyce springs to mind) that *do*
> have CGI support.

the reason why I asked for CGI was that I potentially
will hold a course about python/webprogramming (very
newbie level) and was thinking about an easy way to set
up an environment of such. Previously I was thinking
about twisted, but did not yet investigate about the
CGI capabilities there. Why CGI at all: Simple because
if I introduce some simple web-applications in the course
the attendees could take them and most easily transport
them to a common web-hoster. I know about CGIHTTPServer
and might end up with it.

Karl