gdbm compatibility between linux and freebsd

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Aug 21 10:34:36 EDT 2003

    Arne> some people say bdb is not that problematic but I don't know...

I copy my 20MB+ SpamBayes database (a bsddb-based shelve file) from my
Powerbook to my Linux mail server all the time with no problem.

    Arne> bdb databases can be be dumped to some interchangeable format.

In the Python distribution you will find Tools/scripts/{db2pickle.py,
pickle2db.py} which were written to help people migrate between Berkeley DB
1.85 and 4.1.25 files, but they should also work to transfer db files
between systems.

Skip