Python vs. C#

Harry George at
Mon Aug 11 21:07:56 CEST 2003

Christopher Barber <cbarber at> writes:

> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at> writes:
> > "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at> wrote in message
> > news:3f357a9b at shknews01...
> > > What can I do with Python that I can't do with C#?
> >
> > Given that all Turing complete languages are theoretically equivalent,
> > nothing, either way.
> Turing equivalence is probably the least interesting property of any
> programming language and says absolutely nothing about its suitability for
> real programming tasks.

True, and that was probably why it was mentioned.  Personally I make
the same point by saying "Sure we could do it in XYZ language, but
then we could also do it assembler.  On the other hand, if you want it
done on time, with the available resources, and a hope of maintaining
it later, then look at Python."

-- at
6-6M31 Knowledge Management
Phone: (425) 342-5601