How to print floating point in scientific format?

sdhyok sdhyok at
Mon Aug 11 05:41:35 CEST 2003

Writing my own function is definitely one choice.
But, my point is that if some of us are really serious
about scientific/engineering programming,
we must have a common function or command
to print out whole array elements easily with any format we want.

It can be in Numeric (or numarray) package like,

import Numeric as N
N.print(array, format="%.2E")

Daehyok Shin