Can't get dumb webcounter working

J. W. McCall no at spam.com
Sun Aug 3 01:41:56 EDT 2003

Barry Sprajc wrote:

> Tyler's correct.
>
> You'll want to check with those hosting your web site, they usually have
> particular directories in your home directory where you'll put your scripts,
> etc...
>
> Then, you just need to put the correct HTML code in your document.

 From the FAQs and help at my shell account (freeshell.org) it says I
don't need a "cgi-bin" directory or anything like that; I can run
scripts from anywhere.

As far as the correct HTML code...sorry if this is a dumb question, but
what exactly would that HTML code be?  I saw something about "<!--
exec"command here" -->" but that didn't seem to work.  I've never called
a script from an HTML document.  I guess that's what I'm trying to
figure out.

Thanks,

J. W. McCall