Fatal Python error with Py_InitModule (Python 2.3)

Andrew Ellem andrew_ellem at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 23:38:49 EDT 2003

I'm using Python embedded in my app, and I've run into problems creating my
own
modules.  I'm using Python version 2.3 compiled with MSVC .NET (not 2003).

When I call Py_InitModule I get the message:
"Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"

However, Python does seem to be initialized.  Py_IsInitialized() returns 1,
and I
can PyImport_Import() and I can run scripts successfully from my program.

I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong, all the information I've found
online
indicates that the above message comes from incompatible version (not using
debug version, etc), but I don't see how that would be the problem in my
case,
since I can run normal scripts.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Thanks.