What's better about Ruby than Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 03:34:11 EDT 2003

Graham Fawcett wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
>> What's better about Ruby than Python?
>
> You're never going to get an answer to this question that satisfies
> you. Even if everyone chips in and describes their favourite
> features, those features may be worthless to you personally. So why
> bother asking?

You assume too much.  My attitudes and criteria aren't yours.  I ask because
it's useful to me, not because it's useful to you.

> Try the languages out yourself, both of them; program a non-trivial
> application in both languages.

I frankly don't have the time, and am not afraid to leverage other people's
experiences to some degree.

> Exactly: so don't ask for others' ideas.

You have a profound difference of philosophy that I don't share.  You seem
to think other people's opinions are all or nothing.

20% of the world is real.