Gerrit Holl gerrit at
Wed Aug 27 20:17:54 CEST 2003

Rich wrote:
> I have just downloaded the software from the "Python" site, so I can
> learn how to program,or at least start to learn.

> What should be my next move?  should I wade through the site, or are
> there some exercise I might get into?

After installation, you can start. There are a lot of tutorials and
introductory books on the web and for sale. It is also advisable
to subscribe to the tutor mailing list: look for it at the Python

146. If a man take a wife and she give this man a maid-servant as wife
and she bear him children, and then this maid assume equality with the
wife: because she has borne him children her master shall not sell her for
money, but he may keep her as a slave, reckoning her among the
        -- 1780 BC, Hammurabi, Code of Law