Can't get dumb webcounter working

J. W. McCall no at spam.com
Sun Aug 3 00:08:18 EDT 2003

Sorry if this is OT, but here's my question:

I wrote a simple python script to increment a counter in a text file,
and I wanted this script to be accessed whenever an HTML file is
accessed.  The HTML files and python script are on a shell account on
UNIX a machine that has support for CGI, Python, etc.  I unfortunately
don't know much about CGI, since I assume this is what I need to get
this to work.  All I want to do is to get script to be called when the
web site is accessed and hopefully insert some output (a number) into
the HTML.

Any advice, specific instructions, pointers to helpful web resources, or
recommendations to better newsgroups, if this is too OT here, would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J. W. McCall