learning to program

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Aug 28 09:03:48 EDT 2003

Rich wrote:

> I am going through one of the tutorials on the Python site and have
> ran into a problem.
>
> During the tutorial it talked about TCI, and gave some commands to do.
> I went to the site and downloaded TCI.  but was unable to do any of
> the tasks.
>
> I think my question is, when the tutorial say the Dos prompt, do I use
> my Dos prompt in windows, or the Dos prompt in the Python program?

DOS means DOS, which is only the Windows prompt.  The Python prompt
would always be called such, or "the interpreter prompt".

I don't know anything about TCI, sorry.

For more effective responses, start a new thread when you have a new
question rather than replying to an existing message.  That way others,
who may already have "killed" this thread (i.e. will not see any more
messages linked to the first one you posted) will see your question
and have a chance to reply.  (Also consider your subject line and
try to create a descriptive one, rather than generic titles.)

-Peter