py2exe problem

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Aug 14 15:25:36 EDT 2003

"Bror Johansson" <bror.johansson at saabtech.se> writes:

> When using py2exe to convert a Python program into an executable:
>
> Everything works fine when my.py-files reside in a directory on a local disk
>
> but
>
> after having copied the .py-files to a ClearCase dynamic view located on a
> server machine and having checked them in, I get this error when executing
> the file built by py2exe (trace output from execution of py2exe is the same
> in both cases):
>
>     KeyError: Scripts.py2exe\support.py
>
> Python 2.2, py2exe-0.3.4, Win"K
>
> Any idea, anyone?

I cannot really understand what you're asking, and I don't know what a
ClearCase dynamic view is.

Hm, maybe an idea: distutils (and thus py2exe) doesn't really work
if you use absolute pathnames. The script should be in the same
directory (or a subdirectory, maybe) as the setup.py file, and the
'python setup.py py2exe' command should be executed in this directory.

Thomas