Py2.3: Feedback on Sets

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:46:05 EDT 2003

> > I'm not sure why multiplying a list by a negative number produces the
> > empty list instead of an exception, though.

Actually the list has a negative # of elements in it. It is just hard to
show this using repr. But each of these elements uses a negative amount of
memory, so there is more RAM available for the rest of your program. You
just have to avoid specifying a negative # too large in magnitude, or you
will get a memory underflow.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625