JavaScript web scraping test cases?

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at
Mon Aug 25 16:40:49 CEST 2003

John ...

    Although it's been a while since I tested these scripts
    I thought I remembered testing successfully in both
    Mozilla 0.95 and IE 5.1 at the time ...

    I tested this morning using Moz 1.3.1 and 2 out of 3 failed,
    but all 3 worked in IE 6 ...

    The JS used in these scripts, although a bit hackish,
    doesn't use any particular IE magic ...

    I zipped up all 3 scripts for convenience,
    if you want to look at the sources ...

    Differences in JS/DOM implementations from browser to browser
    hurt my head and seem to be an endless source of problems
    for web developers ...

Cousin Stanley
Human Being
Phoenix, Arizona