Fun with numbers - dammit, but I want a cast!

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Mon Aug 11 14:40:39 EDT 2003

Andrew Koenig wrote:

>           Python is going to change its behavior so that division always
>           returns a floating-point value.  This statement causes that new
>           behavior to occur now.

Will there be a keyword/function for integer division after that?

Not that my opinion has any weight in this matter, but I got used
to integer division as default behavior after all C, and java
work that way too, it is not like it is a pythonic oddity.

Once it gets implemented then there will be numerous questions about
doing integer division.

Istvan.