What's better about Ruby than Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 03:38:48 EDT 2003

Asun Friere wrote:
> Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
> news:<3F4040F8.87901505 at alcyone.com>...
>> "Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:
>>
>>> What's better about Ruby than Python?  I'm sure there's something.
>>> What is
>>> it?
>>
>> Wouldn't it make much more sense to ask Ruby people this, rather than
>> Python people?
>
> Maybe he can't speak Japanese?

I can't actually.  Didn't know that Ruby was Nippocentric.  And no, it
wouldn't make "more sense" to ask the Ruby people this.  They are going to
give an answer that's biased from the Ruby perspective.  For purposes of
this post, I'm interested in the Python biased perspective.

20% of the world is real.