Customizing a linux distribuition using Python

Cliff Wells logiplex at qwest.net
Tue Aug 12 18:41:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 06:52, Antoine Logean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After having installed Linux (RedHat) on a PC I want to automate all the
> post-installation tasks. A lot of shell and perl scripts exist to do
> this. But I want to have something purelly object oriented where I can
> define the differents tasks in an abstract manner. Is that something in
> this direction in Python ? So any information concerning Linux (Unix)
> system administration and Python would interest me.

Since you're on RedHat, take a look at some of their administration
scripts (many of which are in Python) for some inspiration.  Just doing
a 'find /usr/share -name "*.py"' should be enough to get you started.
Note that not all of their Python scripts have a .py suffix.

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)