wxPython: need return value from wxFrame

Mirko Koenig koenig at v-i-t.de
Thu Aug 21 18:17:22 EDT 2003

Hi

I have a frame where you can select/add/delte etc a customer address.
It is included in an wxApp to have a stand alone customer addressbook.

Now i wrote a invoice application. I added a button to add a address to
the invoice. I want the customer addressbook to be open by clicking
on that button. No problem. So far so good.

But i want the addressbook frame to return the selected address as a
tuple, list or dict. I don't have any idea how to do that.

I can show() the frame from within the invoice code but show doesn't
return a value.

I need something like a function that starts the frame and after i quited
the frame the function returns the last address (self.lastAddress).

Or are there any other ideas. Like saving the address in a global list
(But thats not OO style i think)

Mirko Koenig