Trying to embed python into C, help!

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sun Aug 10 16:06:09 EDT 2003

"disgracelands" <disgracelands at quietblue.co.uk> writes:

> To be honest the entire idea of using dlls puzzled me since python
> isn't platform dependant but thats the way its done in the
> tutorials. The chances are that i've mis-interpreted something.

You don't have to use .dll to extend python. You can compile it
statically into the interpreter. classes such as str and dict are
compiled into the interpreter statically (as far as I know). On
platforms where some sort of dynamic linking is available such as
linux and win32, python supports linking dynamically with that
platforms dynamic link library type. That type is .dll for win32.

Clear?

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad