Python signal delivery under BSD 4.4

Elf M. Sternberg elf at drizzle.com
Thu Aug 14 13:00:11 EDT 2003

Andrew MacIntyre <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> writes:

>> I tried it from FreeBSD 5.1, using 2.2.2 built from ports,
>> and didn't see this problem.  I believe 5.1 has a significantly
>> different thread implementation from 4.x, though.

> And later releases of FreeBSD 4.x have a number of bugfixes to the pthread
> support, including some signal related changes.  The 4.x pthread support
> still has some issues though.

I went and looked again at the evidence.

When calling the function with apply(), the child process spawned off
reports:

        mask 0x0

When calling the function with thread.start_new_thread(), the child
process reports:

        mask 0xfffefeff

So I think the two of you have more or less hit it squarely on the
head.  Now, I just have to find a way around it... *Sigh*

                Elf