email client written with python + wxWindows

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at parthe.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sat Aug 9 17:13:31 EDT 2003

[this is really OT but the opportunity was too good...]

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:19:37 GMT, JanC <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> wrote:
> Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> schreef:
>
>> Mahogany has support for Python scripting in the sourcecode, but AFAIR
>> it hasn't been updated for years.
>
> Last Windows binary build is dated 2003-07-15...

 And the next release should happen really soon now (no joking).
Unfortunately, Python support will almost surely be disabled in it because
there is not enough interest in it to motivate me to maintain it and so right
now it doesn't even support 2.2 without speaking of 2.3 (only 1.5, 1.6 and
2.1). But if someone would like to have a relatively powerful cross-platform
mail client scriptable in Python Mahogany would be a great to start and any
help with the embedded Python interpreter would be very welcome.

 Regards,
VZ
--
GCS/GM d? H+ s++:-- p2 au--- a- w+ v C+++ UBLS+++ P- L++ N++ E--- W++++ M? V--
-po+ R++ G`` !tv b+++ D--- e++++ u++ h--- f+ r++ n- y?