What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Mon Aug 18 20:18:09 EDT 2003

"Doug Tolton" <dtolton at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e7l2kv8itrmaair87qto299m6rdl1r1kh3 at 4ax.com...
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:22:01 -0400, "John Roth"
> <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
>
> >It might be better to simply take the question at face value, rather than
> >slanging Brandon. I don't find the personalities to add anything of value
> >to the conversation.
>
> Clearly you haven't followed c.l.p for long, otherwise you wouldn't
> make a statement like this.  Brandon is *constantly* trolling this
> newsgroup with inflammatory and/or contradictory statements.
> Seriously do a search using google groups for Brandon Van Every in
> comp.lang.python.  Your statement is innappropriate take in full
> context.

I've been on c.l.py for around two years. Your statement
is rude and assumes things you have not bothered to check
out.

There is a very simple rule for dealing with trolls, which most
usenet newbies learn sooner or later. If you think someone is
trolling, simply ignore them. Don't answer their posts, don't
comment on them, don't even give them the gratification of
a reply that says: "plonk!" Just killfile them and quit wasteing
bandwidth. You've got better things to do with your time than
maintaining an interaction that you find aggrevating.

John Roth