Aspect oriented Everything?

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Wed Aug 27 12:44:22 EDT 2003

Based on your explanation, it seems to me that one way to view AOP is as
a way of defining "method templates" that can be applied from "outside"
of the code that defines the methods via pattern-matching on classes.

There have been quite a few times when I've found myself wanting to be
able to abstract a pattern across function or method definitions, but
where the shared operations involve so much local state that refactoring
into explicit subfunctions is too awkward.  Usually I end up with
cut-and-paste code or a bulky class-based solution.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am