python-dev Summary for 2003-08-01 through 2003-08-15

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 19 15:29:50 EDT 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Alex Martelli:
> > My Python 2.3 installation on MS Windows *DOES* have
> > c:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ ...!  And if I recall correctly
> > so had the older Python 2.2 installation (under c:\Python22
> > of course).  So, what's different about yours...?
>
> You and Peter Hansen are both correct.  Perhaps my memories
> are several years old?  Maybe I was thinking of a 2.0 or a 1.5.2
> install on Windows?  I remember loooking for the win32 COM
> code, and finding it off the top-level directory.

We're still using Python 2.0 as our primary network installation,
and I can confirm that it had no site-packages folder under python/lib
with a vanilla install.  Many things, including win32all, installed
themselves right under the /python folder.

This of course has not stopped us from adding one, and in fact it
was even supported already by site.py...

-Peter