Problems with python-list?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 21 08:21:03 EDT 2003

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> dave at pythonapocrypha.com (Dave Brueck) writes:
>
> > Is anybody else having problems sending email to
> > python-list at python.org?
>
> I'm not sure what's up.  I haven't had *any* mail via m.p.o for some
> time (probably about the same), which is odd.
>
> I guess Barry et al. already know about it if there are problems...

Oh look:

$ telnet mail.python.org 25
Trying 12.155.117.29...
Connected to mail.python.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later.

I bet this is the fault of the same virus that's currently filling up
my inbox with bounces.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ARTHUR:  Why should he want to know where his towel is?
    FORD:  Everybody should know where his towel is.