re or html parser module, for wildcard search within html document?

Douglas mm2ps at
Sat Aug 2 04:06:53 CEST 2003

I want to search and replace some expressions within an html document.
Specifically, I want to replace any tag containing the word "font"
with a new tag. As I want to use some form of wild card for the
search, eg. <*font*>, should I use a regular expression module (re) or
one of the specific html parsers? If this should be done with an html
parser module then which one and where is some easy going introductory
documentation, please?