curses and use_default_colors()

Brian Victor bhv1 at psu.edu
Fri Aug 1 12:45:54 EDT 2003

Brian Victor wrote:
> Interestingly, both Terminal and iTerm seem to make everything
> transparent, so use_default_colors has no significant effect.  That is,
> a black background is indistinguishable from a transparent/default
> background.

I forgot to mention that I hit a compile error on OSX's ncurses header
file.  I believe it came from the December dev tools.  It dealt with
redefining wchar_t:

#ifndef _WCHAR_T
typedef unsigned long wchar_t;
#endif /* _WCHAR_T */

I have no idea why the mac version does that (fink's does also).  My
linux copy of the headers has nothing like that.  #defining _WCHAR_T
before including ncurses.h fixed that, but I don't know if that's a
permanent solution.  FWIW, I was doing this with python 2.3a1.

--
Brian