Is Python your only programming language?

Doug Tolton dtolton at
Wed Aug 13 09:06:34 CEST 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:48:16 -0400, mertz at (David Mertz)

>|I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use Python for
>|everything?  (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python)
>I think the co-author of (parts of) my Gnosis Utilities package, Frank
>McIngvale won't mind if I share this recent brief exchange with y'all.
>On my OS/2 machine, the case of some files in the distribution were
>getting messed up, so I wrote a little script to fix things up before
>  DM> OK... but it's REXX.  On the plus side, this will make sure all
>  DM> the files are right, not just those I remember to check.
>  FM> You'll have to excuse me for cracking up that the author
>  FM> of Text Processing in Python just sent me a REXX script!! :-)
>  FM> Hm, lemme crack open my book and see if I can figure out
>  FM> how to rewrite it in this newfangled braceless python thang ;-)
>FWIW. (still, REXX is quite braceless).
>Yours, David...
David, I have your book on my Desk now, and I've worked though some of
it.  Good stuff so far.  Kudos.  I posted a reply to you on slashdot
about this book too, but I don't think you saw it.

Doug Tolton