confirm unsubscribe from zsh-users at

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Sun Aug 31 01:41:45 CEST 2003

<zsh-users-help at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1062283998.26328.python-list at

Hi, exmlm

> zsh-users at mailing list.
> To confirm that you would like
>    python-list at
> removed from the zsh-users mailing list, please send an empty reply
> to this address:
> at su
> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
> the "To:" field of a new message.
> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing

Then you are a pretty dumb program.  I bet it is not.  You should know
that any 'user' called xxx-list is another mailing list and that any
attempt to subscript or unsubscript such is a casual or malicious joke
(possibly from viruses, as probably with this case).  What would you
do if I forged an email trying to subscribe/unsubscribe zsh-users
to/from itself?  Would you send a messege asking it to reply?

Tempted programmer

PS. Anyone know what mailman would do?