csv documentation error? (was Re: csv - howto specify fmtparam parameters)

Helmut Jarausch jarausch at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 21 05:48:12 EDT 2003

Many thanks for the hint,
still I am curious: is the documentation in error?
It says
class DictReader(csvfile,fieldnames[,restkey=None[,dialect='excel'
    [,fmtparam]]])
and the documentation for 'reader' says
The other optional parameter 'fmtparam' keyword arguments can be given
to override individual formatting parameters, see section, ``Dialects
and Formatting Parameters''
and there ... In addition to, or instead of, the 'dialect' parameter,
the programmer can alos specify individual formatting parameters, which
have the same names as the attributes defined above for the 'Dialect' class.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University