cPickle alternative?

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Fri Aug 15 11:23:49 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have no idea! I used a similar scheme the other day and made some
benchmarks (I *like* benchmarks!)

About 6 MB took 4 seconds dumping as well as loading on a 800 Mhz P3 Laptop.
When using binary mode it went down to about 1.5 seconds (And space to 2 MB)

THis is o.k., because I generally have problems beeing faster than 1 MB/sec
with my  2" drive, processor and Python ;-)

Python 2.3 seems to have even a more effective "protocoll mode 2".

May be your structures are *very* complex??

Kindly
Michael P

news:bhiqlg$9qj$1 at atlantis.news.tpi.pl...