Threading Oddity?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sat Aug 23 22:50:21 EDT 2003

On 23 Aug 2003 14:26:28 -0700, rumours say that
google at hanger.snowbird.net (Kris Caselden) might have written:

>However, my code does indeed run,
>without error, which begs the question; how is this working?

Kris, I believe your code runs without error in your hardware, and I
also know my code runs without error on my hardware.  What your post
initially implied is that /my/ code wouldn't run on /your/ hardware
unless you wrapped the acquire calls in "while loop checks for mutex
lock".  Did you run my code successfully?  If yes, we can skip that
question as implicitly answered, if not, come back with more info.

In your latest question, "how is this working?", do you mean how mutex
locks work?  The answer to this is that there are operating system calls
whose purpose is to implement such locks, and Python builds on that.  If
I did not understand your question, please let me know.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,