Uncatchable socket.error in socket.py (?)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Aug 26 16:26:23 EDT 2003

Rune wrote:

> I cannot connect to the server any longer and connection.send(data)
> will generate a new socket.error: (9, 'Bad file descriptor')

I see; it wasn't entirely clear to me what your complaint was from your
first message.  If you're getting an exception when calling recv, the
connection has already dropped.  You can't send the message because the
connection isn't there anymore.  Catching or not catching an exception
won't change that.

/  \ Peace with a cudgel in hand is war.
\__/  (a Portugese proverb)