Advice to a Junior in High School?

Afanasiy abelikov72 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:03:56 EDT 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:34:06 GMT, Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Howard Nease wrote:
>> H What languages do you suggest that I
>> study (I'm already studying Python)?
>
>PS. Common Lisp

I'd recommend considering it. I considered it, but I do not like it.
I do greatly admire the advocate whose essays prompted me to try though.
His essays often express my feelings with such uncanny precision I forced
myself to try Lisp again, with much more determination than previously.

http://www.paulgraham.com/

I would also recommend not giving much weight to anything from ESR.

Others will probably recommend the opposite of what I have. I think you
should do a lot of your own exploring. Consider as much as you can, no
matter what someone online says for or against it.