Python in a spreadsheet

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Tue Dec 16 10:22:02 EST 2003

beliavsky at aol.com writes:

> Is it possible to call a Python function from Calc (the Open Office
> spreadsheet) or Microsoft Excel? Are their web sites or books
> describing how to do this?

You could check out the latest version of StarOffice from Sun (version
7, I believe) -- apparently it has Python scripting support built-in.

I found that pretty interesting... Isn't Sun committed to something
called Joe or Java or something like that?

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')