Sound generation recommendations?

Chris S chrisks at
Wed Dec 17 23:32:28 CET 2003

The only reasonably reliable python sound toolkit I know of is Snack, Unfortunately, it's mainly geared towards
tcl, is relatively light on documentation (especially on sound generation),
and the author seems to have lost interest in the project.

Pygame,, also has some sound generation capabilities,
although they're not its primary focus.

Chris S.

news:mailman.257.1071687046.9307.python-list at