Freezing win32com with multi platform/version support

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Wed Dec 31 12:03:52 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have a program using win32com that I have successfully frozen and
works for people who have the same Windows and Excel versions as I do.
But there are problems that are possibly caused by other users who
have newer versions of both.

So my question has to do with the makepy.py file. Do I need to use the
'-d' option in order to force the libraries to compile at run time?
Because I thought that if you simply deleted the gen_py directory
(from the frozen version) it would force the cache to rebuild no
matter what computer the makepy file was originally generated on. Is
there something else I should be doing in order to ensure
multi-platform/version supprt?

Thanks ahead of time,
Marc