SUSPECT: Re: Python, xml, databases, ...

Zunbeltz Izaola zunbeltz at wm.lc.ehu.es.XXX
Wed Dec 3 07:35:30 EST 2003

Pieter Claerhout <Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com> writes:

> SQLite is easier to embed since you don't need to install anything
> seperately. Include the neccesary Python modules and shared libraries, and
> you can create databases. With Firebird, MySQL and PostgreSQL, you need to
> install separate software. If I'm not mistaking, performance wise, SQLite
> will be faster, but I'm not sure how it handles large databases (let's say
> 100 MB or more).

Thanks for the coment. I think my db will no be as large as 100MB, so
i would try SQLite (at less read some documenteation :-)

Zunbeltz

--
Remove XXX from email: zunbeltz at wm.lc.ehu.esXXX