True standard Windows app in Python?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 30 04:06:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:15:55 -0700, "Dave Brueck"
<dave at pythonapocrypha.com> wrote:

> > So yes, you could use Python to write a full windows compliant
> > program, OTOH I'm still not sure that I'd want to write C in
> > Python! :-)
>
> Well, I guess that depends. I've been using ctypes almost daily for a year or
> so and now I find it annoying to do Win32 programming in C! It's not that
> you're writing C in Python as Win32 programming mostly populating structures,
> calling functions, and checking error codes

That's true, I guess I really meant that I don't want to program
Win32, period! :-)

> have just the tediousness of Win32 left. ;-)

I'm happy to write slightly non compliant apps using the GUI
toolkits and live a happier life... Even when my job involved
writing "real Windows" stuff I used Delphi rather than C/C++ life
is just too short! :-)

Alan G.
Author of the Learn to Program website