[Python-Dev] rexec.py unuseable

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Dec 16 05:45:50 EST 2003

"John Roth" <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> writes:

> I've also seen comments that none of the developers
> was interested in fixing it,

I think this is a little unfair.  I think some of the developers are
/interested/ in a fix, just noone has the time to provide one.  Maybe
that's all you meant.

Of course, the nasty thing about security issues is that a 90%
solution isn't a whole lot of use.

> For myself, I'd prefer to see a facility where
> the system would build an object structure
> consisting *only* of standard objects,
> including dicts, lists, tuples, strings, ints
> and floats, and would reject anything else.
> That is to say, no built-ins, no operators,
> no object methods, no classes other than
> the general use fundamental objects.
> That's use case 2 above.

How about

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/moshez/4120.html

or similar?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ARTHUR:  Ford, you're turning into a penguin, stop it.