Some problems for exercises

vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in
Sun Dec 7 23:03:36 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 12:22:46PM -0800, Miki Tebeka wrote:
> Hello Vivek,
>
> > 1. Basic Language facilities : (Data structures, control structures,
> > input/output, object oriented programming etc.)
> >
> > 2. A brief (rather very brief) Introduction to GUI programming with Tkinter
> >
> > 3. CGI programming in Python
> >
> > 4. Database programming with PostgreSQL
> > So, as usual I have turned to you u people for help :). Please suggest me some
> > such problems and where to look for it.
>
> I suggest an electronic phonebook. The 1'st command line version
> should be enough for 1 (open file, go over lines, use regexps, people
> as classes and save them using pickle ...). Then add GUI for 2, web
> interface for 3 and database for 4.
> It is also nice to see a program evolving and you don't have to
> explain too much time describing the problem when moving from one area
> to the other.

It seems to me a good idea. Actually first I thought of a HRIS type of
application. But soon I realized that it will be quite big for such a short
time span, and after that I was unable to think of anything easier :(. But I
think that an electronic phonebook will be good enough to cover the topics
and also will be easier to implement.

Thanks Miki,
Vivek Kumar