OT: Spell checker

Jay Dorsey jay at jaydorsey.com
Sun Dec 7 12:31:09 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 06:24:08PM +0100, Patrick Useldinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Therefore, I am looking for a spell-checker that works on pure text
> files. Not the kind where you can enter *one* word at a time, and not
> the kind that will work only with an online connection.
>
> I have spend a lot of time googling, but to no avail. Can anybody point
> me into the right direction?

Assuming ispell and aspell aren't viable for you, you could download
the 12dicts wordlist from sf (http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/12dicts-readme.html)
and write your own. I believe there are also python wrappers for aspell and
ispell if either of those meet your needs.

--
Jay Dorsey
jay at jaydorsey dot com