re troubles

Evanda Remington evanda at remingtons.org
Thu Dec 18 18:22:54 EST 2003

I'm trying to filter some rows of an html table out, based on their
contents.  For input like:
"""
"""
I would like to completely remove the (3 line) table row that makes mention
of kittens.  The regexp I have tried to use is: r"<tr>.*?kittens.*?</tr>".
When compiled and used with subs("",data), strangely removes everything
from the first "<tr>" to the first "<tr>" after kittens.

That is, the ".*?" notation works in the second half, but not in the first
half.  It behaves the same as ".*" should.

Any advice?

-e

--
Evanda Remington