linux wine py2exe ??

Doveclaw doveclaw at
Sun Dec 21 00:40:05 CET 2003

Assuming he knows what wine is, and that it looks like he installed a
versions of Python through wine.. he's trying to create a windows
executable with wine on a linux box. I didn't see the original message,
but I'd think we all need some more information (as far as errors and
the code that threw them).. unless somebody knows a reason off the top
of their head.. such as whether that wine-installed version would be
able to happily co-exist.

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 18:18, Tim Roberts wrote:
> duikboot <> wrote:
> >
> >I've tried to create a .exe file on linux (Fedora).
> >
> >So in installed wine, python2.3 with wine and py2exe (with wine ofcourse)
> >
> >I made a setup file ( and ran
> >>wine python.exe py2exe
> >
> >Does anybody know what I've done wrong? Or is it just not possible
> Before folks spend a lot of time giving the answer, I would just like to
> confirm something.
> Are you REALLY trying to create a Windows executable on Linux?  Or are you
> actually wanting to make a Linux executable, and you have been misled into
> thinking that py2exe is the only way to do that?
> --
> - Tim Roberts, timr at
>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Doveclaw <doveclaw at>