Separation of content and code for web (was Re: Python for web ?)

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Mon Dec 1 17:42:42 EST 2003

Bengt Richter
> I'm wondering what the best way would be to assess the market for it
and how to get
> a fair return for my work on that, (assuming it's really useful and
easy to use).

Well, those are two separate questions.  Further, assessing the market
is different from accessing the market, which takes sales and
marketing effort and can be successful regardless of your assessment
of the market (for some definition of success).

Lately, I consider a fair return for my work happens when I
successfully promote a pet project to several of my customers and get
paid to do it at my regular hourly rate.  Over the years, I've never
gotten any particular product placed at more than 30 or so
installations, so once I've covered my time anything extra is a bonus.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com